Jobs available at the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center
We are now recruiting colleagues for the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, which opens in spring 2017. If you are interested in speaking to us about becoming a member of the team, or want to be notified once jobs are posted, please fill out this form.
The only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Nebraska, the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center provides the best in science and clinical practice. This designation means we offer patients options for prevention, diagnosis and treatment and access to clinical trials not available elsewhere.
The new facility includes:
- A 10-story, 98-laboratory research tower named the Suzanne and Walter Scott Cancer Research Tower
- An eight-story, 108-bed inpatient treatment center named the C.L. Werner Cancer Hospital
- A multidisciplinary outpatient center
At the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, our colleagues help shape cancer care, research and education in Nebraska, the region and the world. We are building upon our worldwide reputation for premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
Why join Nebraska Medicine and UNMC as one of the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center’s new colleagues?
We transform lives.
- For more than 50 years, we have been at the forefront of discoveries that have increased patient survival, while treating people from all 50 states and more than 42 countries
- The $323 million Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center is the largest project for Nebraska Medicine and UNMC and is the first of its kind – integrating high tech clinical care and an exceptional paint experience with research to accelerate the discovery process
- Our advanced technical care spaces will include specialty operating rooms, state-of-the art intensive care unit, the latest in radiation oncology treatments and a 24/7 infusion area, including private infusion space
We educate the world.
- UNMC supports a variety of education and outreach programs for scientists, clinicians, healthcare workers, future scientists and healthcare providers and the general public
We are a research leader.
- We harness the most advanced biomedical and technological tools available to better identify the drivers behind cancer and create precise therapies that improve outcomes and change lives
We are located in a fantastic place.
- Top 20 for Forbes’ for best city for businesses and careers
- Top 10 for best city to raise a family
- Top 10 for best U.S. city for foodies
- World-ranked zoo
- Low cost of living
- Nationally ranked public and private schools
Want to see what types of jobs we are hiring for?
- We are now recruiting colleagues for the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, which opens in spring 2017. If you are interested in speaking to us about becoming a member of the team, or want to be notified once jobs are posted, please fill out this form